Parents as Partners
As stated in our Core Values, we are committed to being “a respectful and inclusive community, embracing individuality with interest, excitement, and wonder.” This translates to a culture in which we:
- Welcome new families with openness.
- Accept and respect one another and ourselves.
- Approach our work and relationships with flexibility and appreciation of differences.
- Incorporate the cultures, languages, religions, and traditions of the world.
Summit is a school that is “small by design.” We feel that our size enables us to build a close community that supports one another like a family. We cherish the many benefits that our small school offers, including:
- The ability to know our students and families well, and for them to know each other.
- The ability to foster relationships between students of different ages and class levels.
- The opportunities for all our community members to be both learners and teachers.
How can I get involved?
There are MANY opportunities to volunteer throughout year – from coordinating a special event (like pizza night at Uno’s) to helping set up the book fair to bringing a dish to a potluck meal. Click here to read more.