Community is at the heart of Summit Montessori School and includes our students, parents, faculty, staff, trustees, alumni, and friends. Our dedication to the Summit community is part of our Core Values and guides our growth as a school.
As stated in our Core Values, we are committed to being "a respectful and inclusive community, embracing individuality with interest, excitement, and wonder." This translates to a culture in which we:
- Welcome new families with openness.
- Accept and respect one another and ourselves.
- Approach our work and relationships with flexibility and appreciation of differences.
- Incorporate the cultures, languages, religions, and traditions of the world.
Summit is a school that is "small by design." We feel that our size enables us to build a close community that supports one another like a family. We cherish the many benefits that our small school offers, including:
- The ability to know our students and families well, and for them to know each other.
- The ability to foster relationships between students of different ages and class levels.
- The opportunities for all our community members to be both learners and teachers.