Summit offers several programs in addition to the regular school day.
When parents have early morning meetings or early work schedules, Early Care provides before-school care for children in a relaxed setting with the option to enjoy a nutritious breakfast. Early Care is offered for Children's House and Elementary students. Available on a drop in basis Monday through Friday from 7:00 am until 8:15 am, the charge for Early Care (billed monthly) is as follows:
|7:00 - 7:30||$12.00|
|7:30 - 7:45||$9.00|
|7:45 - 8:00||$7.50|
|8:00 - 8:15||$6.00|
For parents who need a place for their children after school, Summit offers after school care. Students from all levels gather for snack, planned activities, quiet time, homework time, and playground fun.
- Available Monday through Friday from 3:15 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- A low student/teacher ratio ensures individual attention. The Beginners AfterCare program is limited to 9 students with 2 caregivers.
- Activities include both large group and individual projects, dramatic play, science experiments, crafts, cooking and more.
- Students register by the trimester. Online registration for the first trimester will be available mid-August.
- Limited drop-in spaces are available at $12.50 per hour for the Children's House and Elementary program and $15.00 per hour for the Beginners program but must be arranged in advance.
- The cost of After Care depends on the number of days selected and the amount of time the child stays. To estimate your annual cost:
Total days After Care is offered for the year - 165
|Beginners||Elementary & Children's House|
|Cost per day to stay until 5:00 pm||$23.75||$15.00|
|Cost per day to stay until 5:30 pm||$30.50||$20.00|
|Cost per day to stay until 6:00 pm||$37.25||$25.75|
Register here for Fall 2017 (Trimester 1) AfterCare - Children's House and Elementary
Register here for Fall 2017 (Trimester 1) AfterCare - Beginners
Summit offers after-school enrichment classes for different age levels.
- Classes are offered in three sessions during the year.
- Classes are scheduled once a week after school from 3:30 until 4:30, and are taught by Summit faculty and selected outside providers.
- Classes are targeted for different age levels and are held on different days of the week.
- Offerings have included studio art, drama, book club, cooking, gardening, Bricks for Kids (Legos), arts and crafts, graphic design, stamp club, and visual arts in 3D.
Children work collaboratively on theme-based projects, and art, science and drama all part of the fun. There is ample time for outdoor play, and a healthy mixture of active and quiet activities.
- Vacation Care is provided for selected vacation weeks, typically December (excluding Christmas and New Year's Eves), February (excluding President's Day), and April (excluding Patriot's Day) and parent-teacher conference (fall and spring) days.
- Full and half day enrollment is available. Current costs are $90 per full day and $50 per half day.
- A low student/teacher ratio ensures individual attention.
- Limited enrollment; first-come, first-served.